I need to have a paragraph in English :)
The begining of my artistic career I consider when I did my first public exhibition in 1995, I was still studying at Faculdade de Artes Plásticas, FAAP. I graduated in 1997. Right after that I became a curatorial assistant of the Museu de Arte Moderna de São Paulo, for 4 years. I learned a lot about the art system and curatorial issues. In 2002 I started also doing some independent curatorship projects. After 2005 I shifted from public institutions to the art market and did executive work in many private galleries. Meanwhile I took some post graduation courses in Cultural Action, Museum and Curatorial Studies. I have been running artist´s residencies for many year. I organized residences in Portugal, and later in São Paulo, at Instituto Volusiano, and recently other residencies listed below. I am also an art collector, as I believe artists need to be an example in art collecting. I have done many different things in my life, like astronomy teaching, beekeeping, sailing and restaurant management.
At the moment I am:
- art consultant, and article writer at the top blog in portuguese about Consultoria de Arte
- curator of Casa Tamarindo cityscape residency program (listed in ResArtis)
- curator of Prainha Residência Artística beachfront residency program (listed in TransArtists)
- diretor of Seu Video productions for YouTube and event videos (facebook page)
- boatbuilder at Estaleiro Oficina (check blog), amateur boatbuilding and plans selling (facebook page)
- struggling artist, check my CV and some art works in artistic my blog.
Personal FB page
São Paulo - Brasil